If your brand is all about connecting with professional audiences and sealing those lucrative deals, then listen up: LinkedIn is your go-to platform!
While your target audience may hang out on other social media channels too, engaging with them on LinkedIn is essential for generating favorable results. It's all about catching them in the right mindset, where they're focused on professional growth and business opportunities. With Vista Social, not only can you schedule content on Linkedin, but we also provide comprehensive reporting and the ability to respond to comments and messages!
In this article, we'll go over:
- Content types that can be published via Vista Social
- Media requirements for LinkedIn
- Which LinkedIn profile types can I publish to?
- Scheduling LinkedIn posts w/ Vista Social
- Additional posting features supported by Vista Social
Content types that can be published via Vista Social
|Text only post
Carousel post (via documents)
|Text w/ in-line link
|Single GIF post
|Text w/ link preview
|Single video post
|Text w/ link + image
|Multiple video post
|Single image post
|Post w/ call-to-action button
|Multi-image post (9 max)
|Post w/ first comment
Single document post
|Post w/ like
|Post w/ tagging
Media requirements for LinkedIn
- The file size cannot exceed 100MB and 300 pages
- Supported formats: PPT, PPTX, DOC, DOCX, and PDF
- Images with less than 36152320 pixels
- JPG, GIF, and PNG formats
- GIF format supports up to 250 frames
- Max file size: 200MB
- Minimum file size: 75KB
- Minimum video duration: 3 seconds
- Resolution range: 256x144 to 4096x2304
- Aspect ratio: 1:2.4 - 2.4:1
- Frame rates: 10fps - 60 fps
- Bit rates: 192 kbps - 30 Mbps
- Supported formats: ASF, AVI, FLV, MPEG-1, MPEG-4, MKV, QuickTime, WebM, H264/AVC, MP4, VP8, VP9, WMV2, and WMV3 file types
Which LinkedIn profile types can I publish to?
Users can auto-publish posts both to LinkedIn personal profiles and company pages with Vista Social. You can also mention both profile types in your post. However, note that when tagging personal profiles, you need to make sure that they are following your company page. You can read more about the steps here.
Scheduling LinkedIn posts w/ Vista Social
As with any other network, posting on LinkedIn on the Vista Social platform is easy - simply click the Publish icon on the left side of the dashboard, select LinkedIn from your list of profiles, and choose from the four posting options (single post, bulk publishing, find content, and smart publishing) as shown below:
Note: LinkedIn currently has a character limit of 3,000 and you can immediately see the post preview on the right side to get an idea of what it would look like once published.
Additional posting features supported by Vista Social
1. First comment - automatically adds a comment to the post once published
2. First like - automatically likes the post once published
3. Geo targeting - allows you to reach a specific audience based on location
4. Language targeting - allows you to reach a specific audience based on language
Below are some sample posts that were published via Vista Social!
1. Text-only post
Content with text only - no links, images, or videos
2. Text w/ in-line link
Content with text and a plain URL within the same line
3. Text w/ link preview
A line of text with a link that includes a title, description, and an image to get a preview of what the link is about
4. Text w/ Link and Image
A line of text with a link that includes a title, description, and a custom image of your choice.
5. Single image post
Image post which may or may not include a text or a text + link
6. Multiple image post
LinkedIn allows you to schedule up to 5 images in a single post
7. Single video post
Videos are used to gain more attention and increase conversion since they entertain the audience more than a regular text or an image post. See video posting guidelines for Linkedin here.
8. Document post
A document post which may or may not include a text or a text + link
Sign-up now and enjoy Vista Social's fully featured free plan as you get started, or try our full toolkit priced to make social media management affordable!