Note: Instagram's API (how apps like Vista Social communicate with their network) only allows business/creator profiles to take advantage of auto-publishing, inbox functionality, and reports.
If you currently have a personal Instagram profile, you can still connect it and schedule posts via reminder notifications. A better option is to convert it to a business/creator profile. Check out this Instagram article on how to switch your personal profile to a business one.
Connecting your Instagram Business Profile to Vista Social:
1. Log in to your Vista Social account and go to Quick Add > Add Social Profile.
2. Choose a profile group to add the profile to. You may create a new one if the profile group is not on the list yet. Click Continue.
3. Select Instagram from the list of social networks.
4. Select 'Business or Creator' from the 2 options.
5. If you are not logged in to Facebook, you will be prompted to log in.
Make sure you are logged in to the Facebook personal profile that has access to the Instagram business profile you want to connect. Here's how to check that.
6. If you have not connected a Facebook or Instagram profile before to Vista Social, you will see an authentication notification similar to the screenshot below.
7. You will now see the list of Instagram business profiles you own or administer, select the profile that you want to connect and click the Connect button at the bottom of the screen.
8. Once the profile is successfully connected you will get a notification and the profile will appear under Profile Management.
Is your Instagram business/creator profile missing or not showing up?
We've got you covered! Check out this article on troubleshooting steps and solutions to ensure that your Instagram profile appears seamlessly. 🎉
Sign-up now and enjoy Vista Social's fully featured free plan as you get started, or try our full toolkit priced to make social media management affordable!