Instagram's API (how apps like Vista Social communicate with their network) allows only Instagram business profiles to be connected for management.
If you currently have a personal or creator Instagram profile, you need to convert it first to a business profile before you are able to connect it to Vista Social. Check out this Instagram article on how to switch your personal profile to a business one.
Connecting your Instagram Business Profile to Vista Social:
1. Log in to your Vista Social account and go to Quick Add > Add Social Profile.
2. Choose a profile group to add the profile to. You may create a new one if the profile group is not on the list yet. Click Continue.
3. Select Instagram Business from the list of social networks.
4. If you are not logged in to Facebook, you will be prompted to log in.
Make sure you are logged in to the Facebook personal profile that has access to the Instagram business profile you want to connect.
5. If you have not connected a Facebook or Instagram profile before to Vista Social, you will see an authentication notification similar to the screenshot below.
It is very important that you "Select All" Instagram accounts, Facebook Groups, and Facebook Pages, even if you don't intent to connect all of them to Vista Social.
Modifying even a single permission on those screens will cause problems in the connection.
6. You will now see the list of Instagram business profiles you own or administer, select the profile that you want to connect and click the Connect button at the bottom of the screen.
7. Once the profile is successfully connected you will get a notification and the profile will appear under Profile Management.
Please sign in to leave a comment.