In Instagram, user tagging is an important feature because that's what makes it a collective experience. With Vista Social, you can tag users when scheduling an Instagram post so you won't have to manually do it one the post is published in the app. This article discusses how to tag a user for Instagram posts and its limitations.
User tagging features and limitations
- Ability to tag more than one user
- We can only tag public profiles
- Ability to drag around the tag on the image
- Ability to tag users in carousel posts with each post having different tags
- Only applies to images (not applicable to videos at the moment)
How to tag user when scheduling an Instagram post
1. Click Publish to create a post. On the list of social profiles on the left, make sure that Instagram is selected.
2. Type your text and add in your image(s). On the image preview - click on any part of the image to tag a user.
3. Type the username of the public profile that you want to tag. Once done, click Tag user.
4. The tagged user should now appear on the image. Note that you may tag as many users as you'd like.
5. If you are scheduling a carousel post and you wish to tag more users, scroll through the image in the preview and repeat the process. You may also change the location of the tag by dragging it around the image.
6. Once you are done tagging a user, select a time to schedule the post and you should be all set!
Sign-up now and enjoy Vista Social's fully featured free plan as you get started, or try our full toolkit priced to make social media management affordable!