Tagging products in Vista Social is very simple. All you need to do is to have a connected Instagram profile in Vista Social and an setup Instagram shop with products on Instagram.
In this article:
Important to read before getting started:
- You can tag up to 5 products per media item, and up to 20 in a multi-photo (carousel) post
- You can’t tag the same product twice in a media item
- You can’t choose where a tag will be in videos. Your tag will appear in the bottom left corner of the video
- You can’t tag gift cards or specific types of products (e.g. color) in posts
- Vista Social does not approve products or review product appeals
- You can’t appeal products in Vista Social
Tagging Products on Image/Carousel Posts
Start by connecting your Instagram business profile to Vista Social
Once your Instagram Business Profile is connected, compose a new post and attach one or more images
Click on the image, in the Instagram Preview area, and choose Tag a product
Search for and select the product you want to tag
Publish your post
Tagging Products on Video Posts
Attach a video to your post and change the "Publish as" setting to "Feed post"
In the Preview area for Instagram click on the product tag icon and search for your product. Then, publish your post.
Keep in mind that only approved products from live shops are available for tagging.
Note: If you have connected your instagram profile before September 30, 2022 - please reconnect it! No need to remove profile, just go to "+" and add this Instagram profile once more. Tagging products requires a new permission that we have to request!