Note: This feature is only available to Pro users. Subscribe to a Pro Plan now.
Social listening is the ability to track conversations in social media based on certain keywords and phrases. This is a very useful feature as it allows users to understand more about their target audience and industry as well as discover potential customers, engage with their audience, and find potential brand ambassadors for their brand.
Due to Social Network API limitations, social listening monitors only engagement on your own profiles. Competitor profiles or public data is not tracked.
How to set up a listener in Vista Social
1. On your Vista Social Dashboard, select Listening:
2. Profile group and profile selector. Here you can choose connected profiles to work with. You can always connect more profiles.
3. Current active listeners. Note that status will change from Initializing to Active a few minutes after you create your listener.
4. Click Add listener to create a new listener.
5. Add the keywords that you want to track under Included Keywords. You may also exclude results that contain any keywords that you want by specifying them under Excluded Keywords:
6. Once you have created your listener, it should now appear on your list of listeners. Here you will see the name of the listener, the number of profiles, and the status of the listener.
7. You may search and filter listeners based on keywords:
8. Select a listener to view all posts that match the keywords associated with it.
9. And you're all set! Note that as a Pro user you may add as many listeners as you'd like. Upgrade to the Pro Plan now.