You can preview your upcoming feed posts, reels, and stories with the Instagram Planner.
This is a great way to visually organize and plan your beautiful feed by dragging and dropping images or videos and rearranging posts.
In this Article:
Instagram Planner layout
To start, you'll find the Instagram Planner in the Publishing menu
On the left, your media library will be listed. In the center, you'll see a preview of your past posts (no outline) and upcoming posts (outlined in blue or gray), and on the right a list of upcoming scheduled posts.
In the phone preview, found in the center of the planner, you'll find your Stories, Feed posts, and Reels located very similarly to how those posts are found on your phone on Instagram's app.
- Stories can be previewed by clicking the profile photo
- Feed posts can be previewed by clicking the Grid icon (which is open by default)
- Reels can be previewed by click on the Reels icon (to the right of the grid icon)
In the Post schedule list, which shows you a list of posts you have coming up, you'll see icons to help you know which posts are stories vs feed posts vs reels.
Scheduling Posts in the Planner
1. To schedule a post, drag a video or image from your media library to the phone's preview area.
- If you have the Grid tab opened, a Feed Post will be created
- If you have the Reels tab opened, a Reel will be created (you can can change whether it goes to the feed as well or not
- If you drag media on top of your profile photo, a Story will be created
By default, posts will be scheduled using your profile's Publishing Queue
2. Click on the new post to edit your message and settings and save it when you're ready to move on to the next post.
3. Click Save to finalize all your edits.
Rearranging Scheduled Posts
In the mobile preview, drag and drop scheduled posts around to rearrange their order.
You'll see the updated scheduled dates and times on the Post schedule list on the right.
- If a post was scheduled using a publishing queue
- Rearranging the posts will update those posts using your publishing queue slots
- If a post's scheduled date/time was manually chosen:
- Rearranging posts will swap their scheduled date and time
Sign-up now and enjoy Vista Social's fully featured free plan as you get started, or try our full toolkit priced to make social media management affordable!