You can set up a white-label option if you'd prefer to use your own custom domain instead of our vist.ly domain or a bitly shortener for your profile group.
White-labeling for shorteners is available on the Pro+ plan
In this guide, we'll review how to set up your white label domain for shortening.
- CNAME or A Record changes for your domain
- Adding the domain to profile group settings
CNAME or A Record changes for your domain
To start, you should modify your domain DNS to set up either an A Record or CNAME.
For a root domain (mydomain.com), you'll want to use an A Record pointed to
For a subdomain (short.mydomain.com), you'll want to use a CNAME pointed to
If you're not sure how to modify your DNS, most domain registrars can help guide you. Here's a few guides from more common domain name providers:
- Godaddy: Setting up an A Record | Setting up a CNAME
- Namecheap: Setting up an A Record | Setting up a CNAME
Adding the domain to profile group settings
After you've set up your DNS, you can head to your profile group's settings to add your domain.
1. From settings, click on Profile Groups
2. Click on your profile group's action icon and click Edit
3. In the link shortening section, choose White label shortener and type in your domain or subdomain
Once you've completed this step, get in touch with our support team so we can install an SSL certificate for you to start posting links.
That's it! Your link posts will automatically be published with your white label shortener domain.
Note: Post previews do not show shortened domains. Your link will be shortened at the time of publishing.