Vista Social has several publication approval workflows that allows a team member, a client or any other user who needs to review and/or approve the scheduled posts. This article describes these workflows and how to set it up in your Vista Social account!
Adding Employees or Colleagues as Contributors
Users that can schedule content that is subject for approval are called Contributors. To add a contributor user to your account, follow the steps below:
1. Go to Settings > Team Members.
2. Click to select Add team member.
3. Add the name, email address and select Invite as Restricted User. Click Continue.
4. User permissions are assigned per profile group, so if you have multiple profile groups in your organization you can disable permissions for a particular profile group and the user will not be able to see this profile group when they login to their dashboard.
5. You will now have the option to assign user permissions per feature. To be able to schedule posts that are subject for approval, select Contributor under Publish.
If you want the user to be able to view the other features, select View.
If you want them to have the ability to manage the feature such as run reports or respond to inbox messages, select Manage.
If you simply don't want them to see this feature in their user login, choose No access.
Click Save once done!
6. The user receives an invitation via email that he needs to confirm to be able to complete the process. Advise the user to click the Accept Invitation in the email.
5. The user will be asked to complete the process by creating a password. Click Save and Continue.
The user will then be redirected to the dashboard, and the features available to him are based on the permissions assigned to him.
Adding clients/users who needs to review/approve content
1. Follow steps 1-4 above.
2. On the list of features, under Publish - choose Manage.
Select No access for the rest of the other features if you don't want this user to see them in their user account.
3. To assign a post for review to this user, create your post and on the next page where you schedule the post, click the Assign button on the lower left.
4. Add the user to assign it to and add a message (optional). Click Assign.
5. Complete the process by clicking Send for Approval.
Giving access to those who wants to review the posts w/o needing to login
1. In your Publishing Calendar, click the Share icon and choose Export to PDF or Share via link.
2. If you select Export to PDF, you will have the ability to choose the date range of the posts and click Export to PDF. You may send this file to anyone who wants to review the posts during the date range selected.
3. If you select Share via link, you may also choose a date range of the posts, add a password for additional security and click Save.
4. The shareable link will then appear for you to copy and send to those you want to give it to!
Approving in-review posts
Important note: You need to be an administrator or must have Manage permissions under Publish to be able to approve posts. Check out this article to learn more about user permissions.
1. Once there is a post submitted for approval, administrators and users with Publish manage permissions will get an email notification with a link to the post.
2. You may also check out posts that require approval by going to the Calendar and filtering the posts that are In Review status.
3. Select the post that you want to review. You can make the necessary changes to the post if needed.
4. Choose Edit if you want to modify the post (text, image, link)
Select Reject if you don't want to publish the post
Select Approve to schedule the post.
6. You're all set! The approved posts should now appear in the calendar in Scheduled status.